What is a Model Agreement?It is an agreement between two or more oil and gas companies for the purpose of development and production of oil and gas properties. The agreement defines the property, most commonly a "production facility", the relationship between the parties and the responsibilities assigned to the parties.
Typically, a Petroleum Joint Venture does not include joint exploration activities, nor does it include marketing activities.
Descriptions of Reports and Agreements
Model CO&O Agreement – Industry Draft 1 Available for Comment
The "Retooled Model CO&O Agreement" is now ready for review. This document is greatly improved and expanded from the 1999 Model and was developed in response to PJVA membership feedback from nearly the inception of the 1999 model.
We invite you to review this new model and provide comments and feedback using the downloadable Comment Template in Word format.
This new model will become a robust and comprehensive document with your support and input.
Please reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2019
The Model CO&O Agreement – Industry Draft 1 package includes the following downloadable Items:
- Cover Letter, December 5, 2018
- Model CO&O Agreement Task Force Report (zip file)
- Task Force Report - Part 1 Overview
- Task Force Report - Part 2.1 Annotated Head Document
- Task Force Report - Part 2.2 Annotated Operating Procedure
- Task Force Report - Part 2.3 Annotated Appendices
- Task Force Report - Part 3 Addendum - Optional Clauses
- Comment Template (Word version)
PJVA-CAPL Pad Site Sharing Agreement
We are pleased to advise you that the new PJVA-CAPL Pad Site Sharing Agreement (PSSA) was rolled out on September 25, 2018 to over 210 PJVA/CAPL members and others, and that the materials associated with the PSSA are now available on the PJVA website here.
This document reflects a shared belief by the PJVA and CAPL that the only efficient and effective way to address the growing issue of shared well pads without any agreements in place is to create a precedent document that can be used as a starting point for the vast majority of pad sharing arrangements.
The task force was delighted with the many comments received on Drafts 1, 2 and 3 and we sincerely thank you for this. The comments on Draft 3 and the responses from the task force have been gathered into a matrix that is posted with the final document. Names of commenting parties have been removed. The matrix has been sent to all companies and individuals who contributed comments. The vast majority of the comments were used to make the changes for the final document.
The package of materials posted on the websites includes:
- a cover letter;
- a PDF of the text and annotations which includes an introduction to the topic and our proposed handling of a broad range of issues;
- a black-line PDF of the text and annotations highlighting the changes from Draft 3 to the final document;
- a matrix of comments for Draft 3;
- PSSA Rollout Slides - September 25, 2018;
- Addendum - Usage of PSSA;
- Shared Pad Site Ownership Example; and
- CAPL Negotiator Article (December 2014) on Assignment Procedure Effective and Binding Dates
You can obtain a facing page presentation of the text and annotations by printing the PDF in a double-sided format.
To use the PSSA, you may order it online from the PJVA Publications Order Form - the Word documents together with the annotated PDF document. The documents will be available for 30 days at no charge.
Michael Bruch, P. Eng. Chairman, PJVA-CAPL Pad Site Sharing Agreement Task Force
At the beginning of each calendar year the PJVA Standing Committee will take any Errata's for the year past and incorporate them into a new version of the PJVA Agreements.
As members bring items or concerns to the PJVA Standing Committee they are discussed and if agreed we put the item or concern on the Errata page for other members to view.
- Unconventional Resources Operating Agreement (UROA)
This is a proposed model Joint Operating Agreement being drafted by the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN) to be used specifically for unconventional resource plays.
Click here to see a copy of the presentation given by Jay Todesco of Nexen Energy ULC and co-Chair of the UROA Drafting Committee.
- Contract Well Operating Agreement
- Gas Handling Agreement
Statute of Limitations (Alberta)
To view or purchase this document, visit the Alberta Queen's Printer at http://www.qp.alberta.ca/Laws_Online.cfm, select L under the alphabetical search and scroll down to "Limitations Act".
|Members Receive Discounted Pricing!|
(All agreements and reports)
Model Agreements and Reports